Have you seen the movie, The Holiday? Not sure where the “Christmas Fettuccine” joke comes from but I thought since Christmas is just around the corner, I’d share my super simple pasta alfredo recipe. This recipe is fantastic especially if you add some fresh arugula or spinach, sautéed mushrooms, and bacon!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 12 – 16 ounces fettuccine
- spinach or arugula, washed (optional)
- cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sautéed (optional)
- Bring the cream and butter to a boil in a sauté pan.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add half the parmesan cheese, a little ground black pepper, whisk until smooth.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cook the fettuccine.
- Add the cooked fettuccine to the cream mixture.
- Add the rest of the parmesan cheese and fresh spinach / arugula if using. 8.Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with bacon if using.