This may be my most favorite salad of all time! The lemon vinaigrette is absolutely the best thing ever. I found this recipe last year in March and once again, I’ve made this salad as my March staple. There’s very little fresh fruit available right now and with the seasons changing, I just seem to crave citrus like mad. I can’t get enough of this salad with its fresh and bright lemon vinaigrette. It is the perfect cure for the winter blues when you are ready for spring and warmer weather!
Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest from the lemons
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 to 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the salad
- 3 cups arugula (or arugula and spinach mixture)
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 3 cups roasted sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients: lemon juice, zest, olive oil, honey, and salt.
- Toss the arugula, wild rice, sweet potatoes, cashews, and dried cranberries, and the dressing together.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
- I’ve made this salad with other toppings as well depending on the season. I’m currently loving sliced dates, prosciutto, and manchego cheese. This recipe is also good with stone fruits (e.g., peaches, plums, apricots, nectarines). In the end, experiment.
- Adapted from Pinch of Yum
Leave a Reply